Fitness and Recreation
Fitness and Recreation offers an opportunity for TWU students, faculty and staff to participate in organized pick-up games in sports such as volleyball, indoor soccer, dodgeball, table tennis, badminton and more. Every open rec is officiated by intramural officials and it's free to participate. Open rec is offered Sunday through Thursday from 7:00pm to 9:00pm in the Fit & Rec gym.
Open Recreation Fall 2016 Scheduled Hours:
Sundays: Volleyball 7-9 pm
Mondays: Indoor Soccer 7-9 pm
Tuesdays: Dodgeball 7-9 pm
Kayak Water Polo
5-6pm (Indoor Pool)
Wednesdays: Volleyball 7-9pm
Thursdays: Indoor Soccer 7-9pm
Equipment can also be checked out at the front desk with a valid TWU student ID or Fit & Rec membership ID card. Available equipment for check out:
- Basketballs (indoor & outdoor men's and women's)
- Volleyballs (indoor & sand)
- Tennis Racquets
- Tennis Balls
- Soccerball (indoor & outdoor)
Open Recreation Rules
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times. Sneakers must be worn at all times. No open toed or open backed shoes, sandals, boots, stilettos, or high heel shoes.
- Food is not permitted in the gymnasium.
- Water and sports drinks are permitted provided they are in a sealable non-glass container.
- Please keep track of your belongings. Fitness and Recreation Staff are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- The Fitness and Recreation staff on duty has the right to refuse service to any member who violates any rule or regulation, or engages in any verbal and/or physical abuse of the staff or other patrons.
- Equipment may be checked out at the front desk with a valid TWU student ID. Only Fitness and Recreation equipment and balls are allowed in the gym. Any personal equipment is not permitted. Equipment may be checked out in 2 hour increments.
- Equipment can only be returned by the participant who checked it out and TWU ID’s will not be returned to anyone other than the person who checked the equipment out.
- A 30 minute time limit will be enforced for pick-up games.
page last updated Thursday, December 01, 2016 10:32 AM