TEXAS WOMAN'S UNIVERSITY Title IV School Code: 003646
The U.S. Department of Education offers a Web version of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need the following to complete the application.
Before completing FAFSA on the Web, make sure you have the following items:
- Your Social Security Number.
- Your driver's license number, if you have one.
- W-2 Forms or other records of income earned in the previous year.
- Your (and your spouse's, if you are married) Federal Income Tax Return.
- Your Parent's (if you are dependent) Federal Income Tax Return.
- Records of other untaxed income received during the previous year, such as child cupport received and taxed differed pension plans, or veterans benefits.
- Current bank statements and mortgage information.
- Business or farm records, if you or your parents own a business or farm.
- Records of stocks, bonds, and other investments
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a US citizen)
- If you are a dependent student, you will also need: 1) Your parents' Social Security Number(s) 2) Your parents' income and financial records (as listed above) and 3) your parent(s)' date of birth
"Print the Pre-Application Worksheet." Some students find it helpful to complete the Pre-Application Worksheet found at www.fafsa.ed.gov prior to completing their online FAFSA.
"Save Your FAFSA As You Go." Save your application often using the "Save" Button at the bottom of the screen. That way, if you lose your Internet connection, you can return to your FAFSA. NOTE: If you click the "Exit" button, you will not only close your application, but also erase all the information you entered since the last time you saved it.
"Get Help." Because there is FREE help available, you do not have to pay to get assistance filling out your FAFSA. The "Need Help with this Page?" button at the bottom of every online FAFSA page will lead you to information to help you complete that page. The "Help" button at the top of every screen has an index of help topics. In addition, you can chat with a customer service representative directly over the Internet by clicking the "Live Help" button. If you still need more help, call 1-800-4-FED-AID.
"Sign Your Application." You can electronically sign your FAFSA (instructions are on the application). Otherwise, you will need to print the signature page and mail it in which can cause delays in the processing of your file. If you are a dependent student, your parent will need to sign your FAFSA as well.
"Submit Your Application." Click the "Submit" button on the last page of the online FAFSA form. You will be taken to a new page that confirms your submission and gives you a confirmation number.
page last updated 11/30/2016 11:27 AM