The poster presentation winners pictured from left to right: Elizabeth Wachira (TWU), Mearaj Shaikh (UNT), Lee Bedford (UNT), Aditya Ayyagari (UNT), Jacob McCabe, (A&M-Commerce), Nelly Shora (A&M-Commerce). Photo by: Dr. Nathaniel Mills.
Congratulations to the 2015-2016 Graduate Student Research Symposium Winners!
Education, Humanities, Social Sciences & Business (HUM)
1st Place Nelly Shora (A&M-Commerce)
2nd Place Elizabeth Wachira (TWU)
3rd Place Lee Bedford (UNT)
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
1st Place Mearaj Shaikh (UNT)
2nd Place Jacob McCabe (A&M-Commerce)
3rd Place Aditya Ayyagari (UNT)
2015-2016 Graduate Student Research Symposium Information
April 8, 2016 at Texas Woman’s University, Denton, Texas
Registration Deadline - Thursday, March 24, 2016
Sponsored by the Federation of North Texas Area Universities, the symposium includes:
- Welcome and continental breakfast for all registered attendees
- Poster presentations and judging
- Break-out meetings for Federation Committees
- Awards luncheon featuring keynote speaker Dr. Larry F. Lemanski, Distinguished Research Professor at Texas A&M University-Commerce
Who may participate?
Master's and doctoral students from the three Federation institutions may participate.
- Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Texas Woman's University
- The University of North Texas
All poster space for TWU and UNT students is filled, and only a few spaces remain for Texas A&M-Commerce students. All students are welcome to register to be placed on the waitlist in case spaces become available. The link to the online registration form is https://tsgs.unt.edu/federation-research-symposium-registration.
Registration is still open for judges and faculty. All attendees must complete an online registration form (hosted by UNT) by Thursday, March 24, 2016. There are no registration fees.
- All attendees will complete the Federation Research Symposium Registration Form. This includes:
- Faculty (Judging)
- Faculty (Not judging)
- Federation Committee members
- Student presenters - Students will be asked to include an abstract. Students presenting a poster together must register separately and list their co-presenter(s). Any award would be divided between all presenters.
Awards are given in two categories: 1) Education, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Business and 2) Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Please review the Poster Guidelines.
1st Place - $500
2nd Place - $250
3rd Place - $100
A Human RNA that Converts Nonmuscle Cells into Cardiac Muscle
Dr. Larry F. Lemanski
Distinguished Research Professor at Texas A&M University-Commerce
page last updated 4/28/2016 2:21 PM