- Human services
- Family-related agencies
- Working with families in social service agencies ranging from child to geriatric
- Services to church and family planning agencies
- Parent or family life educators
- Serves as an excellent foundation for graduate degrees in family studies, family therapy, and counseling and development.
What our current and former students say about this program:
Undergraduate Degree Plans†
- B.S., Family Studies†[PDF]
- B.S., Family Studies Sequence Sheet[PDF]
- B.S. to Occupational Therapy Master's†[PDF]
- B.S. to Occupational Therapy Masterís Sequence Sheet†[PDF]
Graduate Degree Plans
For M.S. admission:
For Ph.D. admission:
Deadline to apply for Fall admission is†March 1st.
Deadline to apply for†Spring admission is†October 1st.
Deadline to apply for†Summer admission is†February 1st.
(A campus screening interview is also required)
M.S., Family Studies†[Online Program] [PDF]
(minimum GPA 3.00 for most current 60 hours of work)
- Ph.D. Family Studies†(PDF)
(minimum GPA 3.35 for completed masterís and/or post-masterís work.
A vita/resume and letter of intent is also required)
Family Studies curriculum has been approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) as meeting the Standards and Criteria required for the Professional Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) designation.† Relevant course work for each of the 10 family life substance areas needed for Provisional CFLE designation must be taken and graduates qualify to complete the abbreviated CFLE application process.
Deadline to apply via the abbreviated process is two years after your date of graduation. When applying include the application, course checklist and a transcript.
Note:† The B.S. in Family Studies: Occupational Therapy does not offer courses leading to a Provisional Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) designation.
page last updated 5/22/2013 1:29 PM