Dr. Joyce Armstrong • firstname.lastname@example.org • 940-898-2690
Major courses in this program consist of face-to-face and online formats. Face-to-face courses are only offered on the TWU Denton campus.
The Family and Consumer Sciences major is a broad program which includes preparation in general university requirements, and in specific subject matter areas of Family and Consumer Sciences including:
- family life
- child development
- food and nutrition
- housing and household equipment management
- fashion and textiles
- consumer sciences
Completion of either the bachelor's degree (see below) or the Master of Arts in Teaching with an FCS specialization satisfies the course requirements in Texas for a Provisional Teacher Certificate in Family and Consumer Sciences allowing students to teach this subject in secondary schools.
What a former student has to say about this program:
- B.S. in FCS - Composite (effective fall 2016) [PDF]
- B.S. in FCS - Human Development and Family Studies (effective fall 2016) [PDF]
- B.S. in FCS - Hospitality, Nutrition and Food Science (effective fall 2016) [PDF]
- Master of Arts in Teaching with an FCS focus (contact program coordinator at the top of this page for information)
page last updated 6/22/2016 9:33 AM