The Night Witches at the Brighton Fringe Festival 2014
The Night Witches
by Steven Young
Directed by Dr. Patrick Bynane
Assistant Professor Steven Young created this original work for the TWU Drama Program based on the first all female, Russian fighter pilots during WWII. This production premeired at the TWU Redbud Theatre in November 2013 and had its international premeir at the Brighton Fringe Festival in Brighton England. Students and faculty spent a week in London attending theatre on the West End, musuems and exploring the beatiful British culture. Following their time in London, they spent 2 weeks in Brighton England performing The Night Witches at the Brighton Media Centre as part of the Brighton Fringe Festival, while also experiencing all of the other talented participants at the Festival.
Students gather for a group pic at the Globe Theatre in London
Tour of Westminister Abbey Tour of Hampton Court
Student hostel in London
Outside the theatre in London
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2011- Performed the original work, Panther Scream at the Bedlam Theatre
- Dublin, Ireland 2010- Faculty and students developed and performed the original play The Half Moon Couple at the Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin.
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2008- Performed original production of Lake Simon’s and John Dyer’s Alice in Wonderland and performed at the Bedlam Theatre.
- New York 2006- New York saw the re-mounting of The Long March at the Greenwich Street Theatre.
- Dublin, Ireland 2005- Students developed and acted in the original production of The Long March at the Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin.
- Prague 2000-2004- Students traveled and participated in workshops and performances using Kafka’s work.
page updated 8/28/2014 11:16 AM