Tickets for Speech and Debate are on sale NOW!
Please choose a payment option below
Wed. Oct. 1 @ 8pm
Thurs. Oct. 2 @ 4pm
Fri. Oct. 3 @ 8pm
Sat. Oct. 4 @ 2pm & 8pm
Sun. Oct. 5 @ 2pm
Our season opens with Speech and Debate written by award-winning playwright Stephen Karam. The play will be directed by TWU alumni and guest director Vickie Washington. Speech and Debate is centered on three teens attempting to reveal a scandal that could rock their school and destroy the reputation of more than one local politician. In this funny and timely play, the students decide that the only way to expose the hypocrisy of their small town is to stage an original musical adaptation of The Crucible replete with modern dance, amateur electronica and a sexually confused Abraham Lincoln. The show will run October 1-5, 2014.
Box Office Information & Policies
- Ticket prices are $5 for students, kids, and senior citizens and $10 for adults.
- We are now accepting credit card payment through our online "Purchase Tickets with Credit Card" form.
- Patrons submitting a "Reserve Tickets & Pay at Box Office" form or reserving over the phone, please have payment of cash or check when picking up tickets at the box office.
- The Saturday matinee (2:00p.m.) performance is "pay what you can!" The suggested ticket price is $3 but any amount is accepted as a donation to our drama funds. These funds help us with production costs, scholarship funds, and money for student travel. "Pay what you can" is valid only on Saturday 2:00 performance.
- TWU Drama does NOT give any refunds, cash or credit. However, we are happy to accommodate performance date changes within a production.
- Drama major students MUST reserve their complimentary ticket, in person, prior to the performance with the Box Office Manager.
- If you are a prospective student and would like to see a TWU Drama production, please call our Box Office at 940-898-2020 to reserve a complimentary ticket.
- All performances are held in the Redbud Theater Complex.
page updated 9/22/2014 10:53 AM