The Annual Fund
- Supplements the difference between tuition dollars collected and the actual cost of an education for a Texas Woman's University student.
- Provides resources to keep up with rapidly changing technology.
- Increases professional participation by students and faculty at conferences that broadens their horizons and enhances the reputation of Texas Woman's University.
An increase in the percentage of giving to the Annual Fund can translate into increased giving from local, statewide, and national foundations and corporations. We must increase the financial support of alumni to be more effective - and more successful - in our quest for corporate and foundation financial support.
Giving helps lay a firm foundation for the future: contribute, volunteer your time and expertise, get involved with a committee, encourage others to get involved with TWU.
If a TWU college education made a difference in your life, why not help make a difference in the life of a current student?
Good news at TWU
- 13,338 students enrolled in fall 2009, a 68% increase since 2001and the highest enrollment in University history.
- America’s largest university primarily for women – Female enrollment: 90%
- TWU has the largest doctoral nursing program in the country and the eleventh largest College of Nursing in the country.
- First generation college graduates: 59%.
- Average SAT score for honors students: 1254; Incoming Freshman: 1000; State Average: 999
- TWU ranks second in the state and 15th in the nation among universities with the the most diverse student population. Minority student enrollment: 43% . (African-American 19.5%; Hispanic 15/5%; Other 5%). An additional 3% are international students.
- From 2003 – 2008, TWU's Hispanic enrollment increased 74.9%, the fourth-highest among public universities in Texas.
- Graduate student enrollment: 41%. (MS - 33%; PhD - 8%).
- TWU ranks second in the state and 15th in the nation in doctorates awarded in the health sciences.
Health Science Majors: 42% (Nursing 20%; PT 2%; OT 3%; Other 17%)
TWU provided the educational foundation for your life --
now it's calling on you to provide the new foundation for its future
as an educational institution of the 21st century.
To make a donation toward the Annual Fund,
please contact Patrice Frisby at 940-898-3867.
page updated 4/5/2013 4:39 PM