4th Annual Nancy Glick Symposium
Date: April 17, 2015
Time: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Location: CFO 204
Call 940.898.2870 for more information
Who is the Dental Hygienist?
- Member of the oral health care profession who provides treatment to prevent and control dental caries (cavities) and periodontal diseases (gum diseases)
- Instructs patients on methods to improve and maintain optimal oral health
- Uses the "RDH" designation which stands for Registered Dental Hygienist and assures patients that he or she has completed a nationally accredited dental hygiene education program
- Passed a state or regional clinical examination and a national written examination
- Received a state license to provide preventive oral health care services and patient education
Dental Hygiene Programs
MS Degree Program in Health Studies with focus on Dental Hygiene
Program available only to graduates from an accredited dental hygiene program with dental hygiene license. Visit the Health Studies website: www.twu.edu/health-studies/masters-online-program.asp.
BS Degree in Dental Hygiene (BSDH) degree in two ADA Accredited programs:
Online RDH to BSDH program
Students having an Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene working towards a Bachelor's Degree
A pre-dental hygiene curriculum is also available for which any TWU student may declare as major.