Professional Entry-Level Admissions Requirements and Selection Process
Students accepted to Texas Woman’s University may declare as pre-dental hygiene majors; however, admission to the professional entry-level dental hygiene program is competitive based upon specific written criteria for admission consideration and specific written selection procedures.
- Cumulative college GPA of at least 3.0.
- In good standing with the college or university last attended.
- The required foundational coursework must be completed with a C or better when applying to the program for Fall. Foundational coursework consists of English composition I & II, anatomy (Anatomy I or A&P I), physiology ( Physiology I or A&P II), microbiology, nutrition, and statistics.
- All other prerequisite work must also be complete prior to entry into the professional program.
- Knowledge of the role that the professional dental hygienist plays in health care and an awareness of the professional ethics is necessary. This requirement may be met through individual research and study.
Students meeting the admission criteria above will be considered for the professional entry-level dental hygiene program in a two-part process:
- Part 1: Documentation Review
- Part 2: Interview and Activities
Detailed information on this process is found in the application packet.
- Apply to TWU by December 1 for first round consideration and February 1 for second round consideration.
Apply to the Dental Hygiene program. Send the application packet, including fall transcripts, to the Dental Hygiene Program by January 10th for the first round of interviews and selections.
A second round of applicants may be considered on a rolling basis until the class is filled; therefore, applicants may continue to apply through March 1. Applicants in the first round have the best chance for selection.
page last updated 11/28/2016 2:12 PM