Community Dance Classes for Children, Teens, and Adults
January 22 - April 8, 2013
Register Online | Waiver Form- PDF (Please fill out the bottom section of the form.)
Tuition is payable in advance of the first class day.
After Monday, January 14, 2013, add $10 to the dance class fee. On-site registration will not be available.
Registration deadline is 12 p.m. on Monday, January 28, 2013.
Texas Woman's University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Dance.
TWU Community Dance Spring- 2013
- Schedule of Classes (pdf)
- Tuition is payable in advance of the first class day.
- After Monday, January 14, 2013, add $10 to the dance class fee.
- On-site registration will not be available (dance instructors will not be able to take your registration form).
- Registration deadline is 12 p.m. on Monday, January 28, 2013.
- A Medical Waiver Form must be filled out before participating in the dance classes.
- Please note, classes will not be held during Spring Break (March 11-15).
Community Dance Class Descriptions
Creative Dance and Creative Movement classes for ages three to six use movement ideas, imagery, and
music to explore space, rhythm, dynamics, and energy. These classes develop movement coordination
and nurture the individuality and uniqueness inherent in all children before they study established
technique and style. Shoes are not worn in this class.
Ballet and Lyrical Jazz classes emphasize alignment, strength, flexibility, performance, and
body/breath awareness within specific movement vocabulary.
Ballroom will include slow dance (fox trot, waltz), Swing, and Latin dances (salsa, merengue, cha
cha) provides basic step patterns and musical relationship needed for dancing in any social setting.
Hip Hop Jazz introduces the “moves” of the latest street dance.
Contemporary Jazz provides traditional jazz technique fused with modern day contemporary dance.
Country Western classes will consist of traditional Texas two-step, half step and different
variations of partner dancing. Included will be country swing tricks and turns. Come learn some new
moves for a country western dance good time!
Swing Dance is a historical social dance still popular today. Learn basic steps, patterns and add
your own personal style. Fun partner moves will be included.
page last updated 4/17/2013 5:09 PM