Who is the Director of the Community Dance Center?
Dr. Ilana Morgan, Assistant Professor of Dance at Texas Woman's University, leads our Community Dance Center with a commitment to providing affordable and quality dance instruction for the Denton, Texas community. In addition to her research and teaching dance education course at TWU, she is active in promoting and advocating for dance education in Denton and throughout Texas.
Who are the Dance Instructors?
Community Dance Center instructors are professional dance teachers who have earned their undergraduate or master’s degree in dance and local undergraduate dance major students who have acquired a solid background in dance theory, technique, and performance.
Our instructors are:
skilled and knowledgeable in dance technique;
enthusiastic about dance, dance education, and their students; and
devoted to creating fun and educational dance experiences that promote learning and dance skill development for all of our CDC students.
Where are the Studios?
The dance studios are located on the TWU Denton Campus in the Dance (DGL) and Pioneer Hall (PH) Buildings on Bell Avenue. The dance studios are air conditioned and fully mirrored with resilient wood flooring.
Where do I Park?
Parking passes will be distributed the first night of your class. Parking is available in the visitor parking lot across from the Dance Building.
What Should I Wear?
All of our teachers give specific instructions about clothing and shoes on the first day of class, and most follow the guidelines below.
- Creative Dance Classes: Comfortable clothing that is easy to move in. Bare feet are required.
- Ballet Classes: Any color leotard, tights, and ballet shoes are required.
- Modern Dance Classes: Bare feet, and we recommend stretch pants or yoga pants and a tank top.
- Jazz Dance Classes: Jazz dance shoes, and we recommend stretch pants or yoga pants and a tank top.
- Tap Classes: Tap shoes are required. Easy to move in clothing is recommended: t-shirt and gym shorts, or a tank top and stretch pants.
- Country Western Swing: Easy to move in pedestrian clothing (pants and shirt, or a skirt and shirt) and if students have traditional country western boots, they are encouraged to wear them or any type of leather soled shoes.
- Salsa: Ladies, please wear heels or flats with a flexible leather sole; and, gentlemen--leather soles are needed. Many students in this class wear fun salsa skirts or easy to move in pants and shirts.
Tuition is payable in advance of the first class day. A minimum of 6 students is required for each class. Registrants who find it necessary to cancel will receive a refund, less a $25 processing fee. To receive a refund, you must submit written notification seven days prior to the event start date.
Refunds will not be issued once the program begins.
TWU Conference Services reserves the right to cancel this event if minimum enrollment is not met or other events beyond our control occur. In doing so, Texas Woman’s University’s liability is limited to the registration fee.
All event correspondence will be delivered to you by email. It is important to provide a current email address on the registration form or online. Check your spam box for information from Texas Woman’s University. Our goal is to provide you with up-to-date information regarding the event you have registered for in a timely and efficient manner.
Still have questions?
Please contact TWU's Conference Services at (940) 898-3466, or email.
page last updated 8/7/2015 5:09 PM