- Use the Account Inquiry screen to be sure the combination does not already exist.
- Make sure the account number is valid.
Explanation of a Valid Account Number:
The structure of the TWU General Ledger account number is composed of 6 segments, represented as : FF.SSS.EE.DDDD.OOOO.GGGGGGGG
Each segment is a numeric code representing the following:
- FF - Fund# (10, 11, 12...)
- SSS - Funding Source (100 = Appropriations, 420 = course fees, etc...)
- EE - Element of Cost (05 = instruction, 10 = research, etc...)
- DDDD - Department (1502 = Controller's office, 0702 = Dean, Nursing, etc...)
- OOOO - Object Code (7300 = consumables, 7210 = fees, etc...)
- GGGGGGGG - Grant/Project (00013500 = Friends of the Little Chapel, etc...)
Each valid account number is represented by a unique sequence of defined codes for every segment except the 5th.
Segment #5 (Object Code - OOOO) is the only segment that can have multiple variations for the same account. This Combination Request Form is only used for adding a new Object Code segment to a valid account number.
- Make sure funds are available to expedite posting.
- If a grant account, be sure the expenditure associated with the requested object code complies with grant funding guidelines.
- You will receive confirmation that the request combination has been added.
page last updated 5/10/2016 9:57 AM