The Gertrude Gibson House is a charming home for day or overnight use. There are two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, great room, dining room, sunroom, and a lushly landscaped backyard. The house is located just one block north of Texas Woman’s University at 1819 Bell Avenue.
TWU Departmental Event or Official University Business
|Three hour minimum; $20 per hour|
|TWU Affiliate/Private Event|
|Three hour minimum; $40 per hour|
|TWU Overnight Rate|
The house features:
- Seating for 17 in the Great Room
- Seating for 8 at the dining room/board room table, with additional seating available
- Two bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Lovely patio with lush landscaping
- Fully furnished kitchen with refrigerator and microwave
- Catered food service available
- Media available
- Basic cable provided
- Wireless Internet (currently unavailable)
- Washer and dryer
The Gibson House is available to rent for TWU:
- Other small gatherings (50 or fewer)
The following are our current policies:
- Currently, overnight use of the Gertrude Gibson House is limited to TWU faculty, staff, and their special university-sponsored guests visiting on official university business.
- The rate for overnight occupants is $75 per night, per room. The maximum number of persons allowed overnight on the same night is four (4) adults. Children are not permitted overnight. Credit cards and IDTs are acceptable forms of payment.
- The reserving party for overnight occupants will check out a key to the Gertrude Gibson House at Conference Services prior to the arrival of the occupant(s). The key is to be returned to Conference Services at a prearranged check out time. There will be a $50 charge for damaged or lost keys.
- Daily linen and cleaning service is not provided for overnight occupants; for convenience a washer and dryer are located adjacent to the kitchen.
- The Gibson House is available at Rate 1 pricing for permanent full-time TWU faculty and staff and their special university-sponsored guests conducting official university business.
- Rate 2 pricing is available for permanent, full-time TWU faculty and staff and adult guests, minimum age of 18, for their private events such as holiday gatherings, bridal showers, adult birthday parties, receptions, etc. The TWU faculty or staff member must be present in the Gibson House for the duration of the event. In addition, the TWU faculty or staff member must accept full financial responsibility for the event.
- Day use, for receptions, meetings, luncheons, etc., is limited to use between 7:00AM and Midnight.
- No more than 75 people are allowed in the house at one time.
Conference Services will unlock and lock the house for the reserving group. Conference Services will conduct a thorough review of the house before and after use.
- The pricing for permanent full-time TWU faculty and staff and their special university-sponsored guests conducting official university business is $1,140.
Reservations and Inquiries
- Reservations may be requested by contacting Conference Services at 940-898-3644 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Reservations must be made at least one week in advance. The reservation form can be found here.
- Once an occupant departs, the house will be cleaned and re-stocked for future use. A minimum 48-hour turn around time is required from check out to check in. Therefore parties will not be booked “back-to-back.”
- Payment in full is required in order to secure reservations.
- If canceling, please do so at least 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Aramark is the preferred caterer for the Gertrude Gibson House. Conference Services has an additional list of approved caterers for special events.
- Approval is required to serve alcohol and ARAMARK must be the provider. In addition, a special day permit is required by the T.A.B.C. and the cost is approximately $200. A Large Event Form must accompany the Gertrude Gibson House Facility Request Form and security may be assigned to such events at the rate of $37.00 per hour, per officer.
- While the house is charming and inviting, we ask that no items be removed or displaced. This includes, but is not limited to, art, books, dishes, furniture, linens, and accessories.
- Damage and loss charges or cleaning expenses related to extensive or irresponsible use of the house will be added to the total fees as needed.
- Animals/pets are not allowed in the house.
- The fireplace is for decorative purposes only. Please do not use the fireplace.
- Smoking and use of other tobacco products is not allowed in the house or on its grounds.
- For your convenience, a washer, dryer, and laundry supplies are located adjacent to the kitchen.
page updated 3/25/2015 7:16 AM