Gertrude Gibson worked at TWU from 1934 to 1987, holding numerous positions at the university including in the offices of the Registrar, Student Life, Institutional Development and Admissions. Gertrude traveled extensively recruiting students for TWU and promoting TWU throughout Texas.
Upon her death, Gertrude's historic home at 1819 Bell Avenue became a treasure for Texas Woman's University. Built in 1929, the home is the first residence designed by O'Neil Ford, the world-renowned architect who also designed TWU's Little-Chapel-in-the-Woods.
Under the direction of TWU Chancellor and President Dr. Ann Stuart, work began in 2004 on returning the home to its original charm, including period furnishings from both the Gertrude Gibson and Josephine Cox Collections.
page updated 1/20/2017 2:00 PM