Old Main was opened in 1903 and was the first building on campus. In fact, the building at one time housed the entire university. The three-story building was constructed during an eight-month period at a cost of approximately $45,000. Equipment originally purchased for the building included churns, ironing boards, typewriters, a scroll saw and a piano, among other items. In the portico of Old Main is a statue of Winged Victory, a replica of the original Nike of Samothrace, which is at the Louvre in Paris.
Click map for a larger view.