Connecting with Other Parents
Other parents can often be your best resource! Here are some sites that can help you connect with other parents to find resources or recommendations about childcare, schools, etc.
- Student Organization: TWU S.P.A.R.K. (Student Pioneers Also Raising Kids)
- Caregiver Tips
TWU has an after-school program for children 5 and older called The Club House.
Below are lists of options in the Denton and Dallas area to help you find childcare that is close or convenient for you! Several of the lists have prices, distances from campus, and information about if they accept CCS.
- Map of local day care centers
- Denton Area Childcare - (word)
- Denton Area After School Care -(pdf)
- Dallas Area Childcare (pdf)
- Denton ISD Preschool! - Early Registration February 20th from 9am-1pm
Resources to Help During Your Child Care Search
Here are some resources to help you determine what child care may be best for your family, including information about assistance for low-income families and licensing.
Child Care Services (CCS)
The Child Care Assistance Program helps low income families who are working or attending training or education programs. When applying, you will need to provide information on all aspects of your household income, the family members in your household, and all work or training activities for each adult living in your home.
Child Care Services are provided on a first-come, first-serve basis, but they do maintain a waiting list.
- Search for Child Care Centers through the state database- Very detailed information given
- Information for Parents regarding Child Care Decision Making
- Don't Be In The Dark About Child Care
- Parent Friendly Campus Resources(pdf)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
NAEYC is a national association that accredits early childhood programs based on 10 standards geared toward promoting excellence in children's learning and development.
- Find an NAEYC accredited program
- NAEYC Standards
- Right Choice for Kids - Resources and tips for parents and teachers
TWU Emergency Help
- William Randolph Hearst Endowment- For TWU student parents who reside in the U.S.
page last updated 6/10/2013 1:37 PM