I-35 Express Expansion Project is underway.
Click here to view a more detailed explanation of the I-35 Express construction.
Corinth, Texas – The Corinth Parkway bridge over Interstate 35E will permanently close at 7 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 7. Once the bridge is closed, 35Express crews will begin preparations to demolish the western half of the bridge (the portion over the southbound mainlanes). The new Corinth Parkway is expected to open summer 2016.
After the bridge is closed, motorists will use Post Oak Drive to access westbound Corinth Parkway and the U-Turn near Exit 459 (near the Destiny Dallas RV Resort) to access eastbound Corinth Parkway. To view a detour map, click here.
In addition to the full closure of the bridge, east and westbound Corinth Parkway, near the north and southbound I-35E frontage roads, will be reduced to one lane. Motorists will only be able to turn right from the intersection.
The bridge is being demolished in two phases. Crews will first demolish the western half of the bridge. Once this is complete, work will begin on the southbound mainlane bridge that will eventually travel over Corinth Parkway. This work is expected to last approximately six to eight months.
Once the southbound mainlane bridge is complete, crews will then shift traffic onto the new pavement, begin demolishing the eastern half of the Corinth Parkway bridge and start work on the northbound mainlane bridge.
Built in the 1950s, the Corinth Parkway bridge will be replaced with an at-grade roadway that will travel underneath I-35E. Once construction is complete, the new roadway will include two lanes of traffic in each direction, a dedicated turn lane in each direction and Texas U-turn lanes on each side of the road.
This work is related to the 35Express project, an expansion of I-35E between U.S. Highway 380 in Denton County and I-635 in Dallas County. All closures are subject to weather conditions and may be postponed, if necessary.
Lewisville, Texas – As work continues near FM 407, Bogard Lane will be closed between McGee Lane and the southbound Interstate 35E frontage road beginning 8 a.m. through Saturday, Aug. 15.
Detours are as follows:
Motorists wishing to access Bogard Lane from the southbound I-35E frontage road will be routed to FM 407 then north onto McGee Lane and back to Bogard Lane. Motorists wishing to access the southbound I-35E frontage road from Bogard Lane will travel south on McGee Lane and then east on FM 407.
Denton, Texas – As crews continue to rehabilitate the north- and southbound I-35E bridges in Denton, various entrance and exit ramps will be temporarily closed. Please note, these entrance and exit ramps will not be closed simultaneously.
Carrollton, Texas – As work continues on the reconstruction of the Belt Line Road and Interstate 35E interchange, east and westbound Belt Line Road between Denton Drive and Hutton Road has been reduced to two lanes in each direction which will last through mid-2017.
In addition, the following will take place:
- The I-35E north and southbound high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes between FM 3040/Round Grove Road in Lewisville and to I-635 in Dallas are permanently closed.
- East and westbound Valwood Parkway underneath I-35E will close from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. from Monday, June 1 through Saturday, Sept. 5.
- Crews will perform rolling lane closures along north and southbound I-35E between Royal Lane in Dallas and U.S. 380 in Denton daily from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. and nightly from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. now through Wednesday, September 2. These closures are needed to repair potholes and perform maintenance on the mainlanes.
- To learn more about the project visit their facebook or twitter. You can also sign up for the I-35 Express Newsletter to get the latest information on the project.
- For the latest up-to-date traffic information visit the Texas Department of Transportation website.
- During project construction, consider using public transportation. For more information please visit our Transportation page.
page updated 10/9/2015 3:08 PM