TETN Practicum Requirements:
- 4 semesters with sponsoring educational entity (spring/fall semesters)
- 2 summer semesters of externship practicum assigned by clinic director in hospitals / rehabilitation facilities / long term care facilities / specialty camps.
Students must complete a minimum of:
- 25 hours of supervised observation
- 375 hours of clinical practicum
(At least 325 hours of the total 400 clock hours must be completed in graduate school.)
- Clinic experiences are designed to meet all of the ASHA (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association) clinical requirements for Speech-Language Pathologists.
- Students will receive experience and must demonstrate competency in the following areas in both assessment and intervention:
f. Communication Modalities
g. Cognitive Aspects of Communication
h. Social Aspects of Communication
page updated 5/16/2013 3:57 PM