skip to content

TEA Certification in Education of the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing:
  • Students apply to the College of Professional Education at the end of the sophomore year.
  • Students must meet requirements of both the College of Professional Education and the Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders
  • Some courses are taken at the undergraduate level, others at graduate level.
  • Plan for one year of post-baccalaureate studies


page updated 6/19/2015 12:10 PM

Deaf Education Forum

“Teachers Leading Teachers”

This summer TWU is hosting a Deaf Education Forum for teachers and professionals serving students who are DHH. The forum is designed with teachers in mind. We believe that teachers often should be teachers for their colleagues. The forum is open statewide, and open to all educational philosophies for students who are deaf/hard of hearing.

For an overview of the Forum visit:  DHH Forum

To register (secure): Forum Registration 

Girl Scout Program

What does it take to communicate without speech? Learn about non-verbal communication and body language. More Information and Application Form (doc)

Like us on Facebook

Course Rotation Schedule (pdf)

Academic / Administrative Complaints & Appeals