The accredited program prepares students to apply for Texas licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist and the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology.
Why Choose TWU?
- Interactive classes taught by accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- Specialized coursework with experiential learning
- Each student has a variety of clinical experiences
- Balance between coursework and clinical experiences
- Two different learning venues:
- Classes held on Denton and Dallas campuses in the evenings
- Diverse practicum experiences 2-5 days a week
- Students begin in summer or fall each year
- Funded by Texas Education Agency to train SLPs to work in Texas schools
- Classes held at regional Education Service Centers throughout Texas and via webinar format
- Cohorts admitted every two years
The Master’s of Science education program in Speech-Language Pathology at Texas Woman’s University is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, 800 498-2071 or 301 296-5700.
Accreditation Information including program completion rates, praxis examination pass rates and employment rate of our graduate students.
For TWU complaint procedures please see the TWU Student Handbook.
To make a public comment or for information on the ASHA complaint process regarding the graduate SLP program, please go to Council of Academic Accreditation. The information is located in the accreditation handbook.
Individuals who hold bachelor’s degrees in fields other than Communication Sciences and Disorders, Speech-Language Pathology, or the equivalent must complete leveling Communication Sciences and Disorders courses before beginning graduate work in Speech-Language Pathology at TWU. At completion of this coursework, students may apply for the Master’s program in Speech-Language Pathology. More about “Pre-Masters Speech-Language Pathology Leveling Courses”...
page last updated 7/6/2016 3:56 PM