Recommended Criteria for:
Outstanding Student Research - Nominated by faculty for outstanding work in at least two of the following areas:
- Professional paper
- MAT Portfolio
- Seminar in Literacy Research project
- Research seminar papers
- Student author published article (student is first author)
- Conference papers/conference proposals
- Other culminating papers or projects
Outstanding Student Teacher - Nominated by cooperating teacher or university supervisor for outstanding student teacher awards based on calendar year (Spring/Fall):
- Sustains classroom rapport that promotes learning
- Has the ability to design activities that engage students
- Maintains a clear classroom management plan
- Communicates and presents lessons effectively
- Encourages respect among students, teachers, staff and community
- Exhibits professionalism (including good attendance)
Outstanding Student Service - Nominated by faculty advisor for outstanding member of an organization. Please explain specific contributions made to any of the following organizations:
- Who's Who
- Mortar Board
- Golden Key
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society (Multidisciplinary Association)
- Outstanding Graduate Award
- Outstanding Undergraduate Award
- Beta Phi Mu National Honor Society (Library Science)
- Student Associations (GLISA, Graduate Library and Information Studies Association)
- Student Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- Chi Sigma Iota
- Family Sciences Association
- Child Life Organization
- Practicum student demonstrates effective administrative skills in communication and discipline.
- Practicum student understands and demonstrates how to effectively use the Texas Appraisal System.
- Practicum student demonstrates how to effectively employ the domains of the Texas Administrative Code.
- Nominated by site supervisor or faculty supervisor for the graduate intern award (including SLIS practicum, MAT internship candidates).
- Nominated by site supervisor or faculty supervisor for the undergraduate practicum award.
Scholarships - Students who have received the following scholarships for the current year will also be honored at the awards ceremony. Please submit the names of winners.
- Toulouse Scholarship
- McNair Scholars
- Honors scholar program
- Pi Delta Kappa
- Beta Phi Mu
- Taliaferro Scholarship
- Lillian Spicola Doctoral Scholarship in Reading
- Margaret Griffin Doctoral Scholarship Endowment in Reading
page last updated 7/13/2016 11:14 AM