Fixed Tuition Price Plan Rates
Fall 2016-Spring 2017 plan - $215.05 per credit hour
($50 statutory tuition plus $165.05 board designated tuition)
Fall 2015-Spring 2016 plan participants - $212.41 per credit hour
($50 statutory tuition plus $162.41 board designated tuition)
Fall 2014-Spring 2015 plan participants - $201.47 per credit hour
($50 statutory tuition plus $151.47 board designated tuition)
House Bill 29, passed by the 83rd Texas Legislature, requires public institutions of higher education to offer a fixed tuition price plan to incoming freshman and transfer students. Therefore, Texas Woman’s University is required by law (Texas Education Code, Section 54.017) to establish a Fixed Tuition Price Plan (FTPP) to offer to eligible undergraduate students beginning Fall 2014. By enrolling in a Fixed Tuition Price Plan, TWU will agree not to increase Board Designated Tuition for at least the first 12 consecutive semesters that occur after the date of the student’s initial enrollment in the plan. However, the Fixed Designated Tuition rate will be set at a higher rate than the current standard rate.
The Fixed Tuition Price Plan was designed to help students and their families’ better plan for the cost of a college education, while allowing TWU to maintain the quality of our academic programs. It also provides an incentive for students to earn a degree in a timely manner, since your Board Designated Tuition Rate will not increase over the term of the plan.
Fixed Tuition Price Plan Rate
The Fixed Tuition Price Plan applies to Board Designated Tuition only. Other assessed designated tuition surcharges and fees are not included in the Fixed Tuition Price Plan and are subject to change at any time.
The Fixed Tuition Price Plan Rate will be set for a maximum of up to twelve (12) consecutive semesters that occur after the date of the student’s initial enrollment. An academic year is considered to be three (3) semesters, with the summer considered as one semester.
The Fixed Tuition Rate is based on estimated inflationary increases above the Board Designated Tuition rate for non-participating students. This will allow students to distribute the annual tuition increases over the course of their four year education rather than incurring annual Board Designated Tuition increases. The Fixed Tuition Rate was determined using historical tuition rates as well as the forecasted rates and TWU cannot guarantee the forecasted projections of the standard tuition rate.
A Fixed Tuition Price Plan Rate will be established for the fall and spring semester of each fiscal year. This will be the Board Designated Tuition rate for those entering during the fall and spring semester of that fiscal year. Students who start in the summer will be classified as a part of the upcoming fall academic year cohort. Contact the Registrar's Office for enrollment into the Fixed Tuition Price Plan.
Fixed Tuition Price Plan Requirements
All entering eligible students, both freshman or transfer, are offered the Fixed Tuition Price Plan and given an opportunity to request additional enrollment information during initial registration. If a student selects to receive additional information an email is sent to the student’s TWU email address explaining the Fixed Tuition Price Plan along with enrollment instructions. Students have until the census date of that semester to opt in to the Fixed Tuition Price Plan or change the decision. Once the enrollment period has ended the student will be not be eligible to enroll in the Fixed Tuition Price Plan at a later date.
In order to be eligible for a Fixed Tuition Price Plan the student must meet all of the following qualifications:
- The student must be a Texas Resident or a qualified resident student as defined under the Texas Education Code 54.052.
- The student must be an entering undergraduate, whether first-time-in college or transfer
- The student must not receive any institutional, state, federal or other waivers, exemptions, and/or discounts of tuition and/or fees.
Eligible students who elect the Fixed Tuition Payment Plan will be locked into the Fixed Board Designated Tuition Rate for a maximum of twelve (12) consecutive semesters or until they no longer meet eligibility requirements. The following instances will disqualify a student from participating in the Fixed Tuition Payment Plan:
- Any break in consecutive attendance, other than the summer semester. *Exceptions will be made for students who are called to military duty and reenroll at TWU within one semester of returning from active duty, excluding summers. Those students would be placed on the same cohort rate as when called to active duty.
- The student becomes eligible for any institutional, state, federal or other waiver, exemption, or discount of tuition and/or fees.
- The student meets or exceeds Excess Hours Rule under State of Texas legislation.
Disqualified students will revert to the current standard tuition rate at the time of disqualification. Once the student is disqualified, the student will be not be eligible to re-enroll in the Fixed Tuition Price Plan at a later date.
Texas Woman’s University Fixed Tuition Price Plan promises to lock your Board Designated Tuition rate for the four-year period beginning with your initial registration. Eligible first-time freshman students will be locked into the FTPP rate for (12) consecutive semesters while transfer students will be placed in a cohort depending on the number of semester credit hours transferred in at the time of admission, regardless of whether they are applicable to the student’s TWU degree program. Below are the three term lengths:
- First-time freshman will allow participation in the FTPP for four academic years (12 consecutive semesters)
- Transferring in less than 30 semester credit hours will allow participation in the FTPP for three academic years (9 consecutive semesters)
- Transferring in 30 or more semester credit hours will allow participation in the FTPP for two academic years (6 consecutive semesters)
page last updated 8/19/2016 10:33 AM