At the time of registration for any semester or term at Texas Woman’s University (TWU), every student is required to accept the TWU Payment Terms Agreement below. If the Agreement is declined, registration will not be allowed.
TWU corresponds electronically with students using the official university email address. I understand I am responsible for regularly reading important information sent to my university email account and for taking action on any important correspondence sent to this address.
• I understand enrollment at Texas Woman's University constitutes a contractual financial obligation to pay all tuition and fees charged for classes in which I am enrolled. I further understand my financial obligations are due by the due dates each semester as indicated in the Academic Calendar. Full payment(either by accepted financial aid, third party sponsor or personal resources) OR enrollment in the installment payment plan (if available) is required by the established due dates.
• I understand an email notification will be sent to my official TWU email address when my billing statement is available to view online. The university does not mail billing statements to students.
• I understand that I am financially responsible and it is my responsibility to notify my parents or other individuals of my account balance or I can set up authorized users to access my statements and make payments through the authorized user set-up in the Pay Online system.
• I understand in the event I have a returned payment on my account, I will be charged a $30 returned check fee. I understand I am responsible for all dishonored payments which have been presented on my behalf. I understand that if a payment is returned to the University by the bank and the payment was made to get enrolled or secure classes, the Bursar’s Office may contact the Registrar’s Office to cancel my enrollment.
• I understand that accepted financial aid awards are automatically credited to my student account to pay charges incurred when financial aid is disbursed, or used to hold my course schedule on payment deadlines as indicated in the Academic Calendar. Schedule changes after disbursement may affect previous financial aid awards and additional charges may be incurred.
• I understand that once all of my accepted financial aid is applied to my student account, I am responsible to pay any charges still outstanding and any new charges that have been incurred.
• I understand that unless accepted financial aid and/or personal payments are made IN FULL prior to the first payment deadline, I will, by default, have accepted the Installment Payment Option for the long Fall, Spring or Summer terms if minimum payment has been made. TWU has the right to administratively enroll me in the Installment Payment Option should I make the minimum required payment but fail to complete the online enrollment process.
• If my state, federal or sponsor financial aid is not received by the University, or if I lose my eligibility to retain financial aid for the semester, I assume personal responsibility for paying all student obligations.
• It is my responsibility to know the University’s drop and withdrawal policies including deadlines as stated in the Academic Calendar. It is also my personal responsibility to complete drop or withdrawal processes before the expiration of stated deadlines in order to terminate my enrollment without completion of my classes. My failure to drop or withdraw in a timely manner does NOT relieve me from my financial responsibility to the University for tuition and fees. Withdrawals must occur prior to the first official University class day of any term to avoid financial obligation.
• I also understand that if I enroll in classes or my advisor/department enrolls me in classes and I do not attend, I am still held responsible to pay the required tuition and fees if I fail to drop/withdraw by the designated dates.
• I understand that if there is an outstanding balance from a prior term on my TWU student account, holds are placed on my account and I will not be able to enroll in future semesters nor receive official university records until balance is paid in full.
• I understand that if I have a delinquent balance due to the University for more than 90 days, my account will be placed with an external collection agency and collection fees, not to exceed 30% of the principal balance, will be assessed on the unpaid balance.
• I understand that Texas Woman's University (and their respective agents and contractors) reserves the right to report both positive and negative payment histories to credit-reporting agencies and may obtain a credit report on me at any time in the future to review my account. (Fair Credit Reporting Act).
• I authorize the school, the department, and their respective agents and contractors to contact me regarding my unpaid balance or my loan(s), including repayment of my loan(s), at the current or any future number either provided or acquired for my personal phone(s) including but not limited to a cellular phone or other wireless device using automated telephone dialing equipment or artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages. (Telephone Consumer Protection Act).
· I further understand and agree that my registration and acceptance of these terms constitutes a promissory note agreement (i.e., a financial obligation in the form of an educational loan as defined by the U.S. Bankruptcy Code at 11 U.S.C. Sec. 523(a)(8)) in which Texas Woman's University is providing me educational services, deferring some or all of my payment obligation for those services.
• This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with and pursuant to the laws of the state of Texas including, but not limited to Texas Education Code § 51.967, Limitation on Educational Debt.
A student who fails to make full payment of tuition and fees, including any incidental fees, by the due date may be prohibited from registering for classes until full payment is made. A student who fails to make payment prior to the end of the semester may be denied credit for the work done that semester.
page last updated 8/16/2016 11:13 AM