Resources for Smoking Cessation
Take advantage of your health plan's free wellness tools. The GBP offers a full menu of scientifically based health and wellness programs for state employees and their families.
As a HealthSelect of Texas participant, you can:
- Manage your health using free online Health & Wellness resources
- Get discounts on weight loss programs, eyewear, and much more
- Enroll in a free program to lose weight or quit smoking
To access these tools and learn more, visit the HealthSelect website.
State employees, retirees, and dependents are eligible for free nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) available through the Texas Quitline, at (877) YES-QUIT (937-7848). This program is not operated by ERS.
Online and self-help programs THROUGH HEALTHSELECT – United Healthcare
As a HealthSelect participant, you and your covered family members have access to tools, resources, and rewards that can help you improve your health - all at no additional cost.
HealthSelect and the HMOs that participate in the State of Texas health plan also offer smoking cessation programs:
- HealthSelect offers a Tobacco Cessation Program and an Online Health Coach: Smoking cessation program to help you quit smoking. You can access this program by visiting www.healthselectoftexas.com, logging into your account, and clicking Your Personal Health Center on the right side of the screen.
- If you take advantage of the Wellness Resources Center a smoking cessation coach could be available to assist you with the program.
State employees, retirees, and dependents are eligible for free nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) available through the Texas Quitline, at (877) YES-QUIT (937-7848). This program is offered by the Department of State Health Services.
American Cancer Society
American Heart Association (AHA)
7272 Greenville Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75231
American Lung Association
61 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10006
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
409 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20024-2188
National Cancer Institute
Nicotine Anonymous World Services
P.O. Box 591777
San Francisco, CA 94159-1777
US Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Office of the Surgeon General
7 Steps to a Smoke-Free Life
Author: E.B. Fisher, Jr.
page last updated 7/16/2015 3:58 PM