ASSET Scholarship Winner - Fall 2013
The recipient of this year’s ASSET Scholarship is Heidi Gilroy. Heidi holds a 4.0 GPA and is working toward a doctorate in Nursing Science. She is a grant project manager on a 7-year prospective study investigating the effects of intimate partner violence on women and their children over time. In her future work as a professor, she has three main goals: first, she wants to pass on a love for nursing; second, she would like to increase nursing students’ knowledge of public health nursing and third, she wants to continue to do research on intimate partner violence and its effects on families. Her area of interest is in helping women to become economically solvent in order to avoid or escape violence and care for their families. This, she says, is an issue that has international implications, and she hopes to use what she learns from her current study to help women around the world.
The ASSET Scholarship
ASSET scholarship is awarded every spring for the fall semester to a permanent full-time or permanent part-time TWU staff member enrolled in undregraduate or graduate courses at TWU during the fall semester. Applicants do not have to be members of ASSET to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Must submit a complete application packet, which includes:
- Have been employed at least three consecutive months by the start of the fall term;
- Be a student in good standing if he/she has previously enrolled at TWU. New students must meet normal admission standards and should submit an application with this request, if one has not already been submitted.
J. Wilkes Berry, Ph.D. Memorial Endowment Fund Scholarship
The J. Wilkes Berry scholarship is awarded in the fall for the spring semester to a permanent full-time or permanent part-time TWU staff member enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses. However, first priority will be given to those seeking a baccalaureate degree. Applicants do not have to be members of ASSET to be eligible for the scholarship.
Must submit a complete application packet, which includes:
An essay of approximately 250-300 words concerning his/her academic interests, professional goals, and work experience to demonstrate his/her ability and commitment to his/her chosen field of study. Essay should be clear, use succinct sentences and appropriate grammar and style.
Three (3) scholarship recommendation forms
Must have been employed at least three consecutive months by the start of the spring term;
Be a student in good standing if he/she has previously enrolled at TWU. New students must meet normal admission standards and should submit an application with this request, if one has not already been submitted.
Personal Development Award (PDA)
Hello, FY13 ASSET Members!!!!!
Here’s your chance to win $100 to attend a webinar or workshop, to buy a book or CD or anything else for your Professional Development.
It only takes 1-2-3 steps for a chance to win:
The drawing will be held at our next meeting on October 15, 2013. Don’t delay. Do it now.
The Personal Development Award is awarded in the fall and can be used anytime during the academic year. Only ASSET members are eligible for this award.
- Must be a current member;
- Must have been a member of ASSET for one year and participated in three activities (bake sale, craft show, Adopt A Spot, hosted a meeting, attended a meeting, etc.) the previous year;
- Must submit application for a drawing;
- Must bring the information about the event to the board in advance of attendance;
- Must attend the event within one year of being awarded the money;
- Must give a presentation or give handouts at general meeting after attending the event.
page updated 11/15/2013 11:42 AM