Kristina Papa- ASSET Scholarship Winner - Fall 2016
Kristina is studying to be a PhD in Family Sciences and her goal is to become a Professor. Her entire career background has been towards families. She says she hears from others on campus that the Professors at TWU truly have the passion for what they teach, that they motivate their students to do better, and that they just genuinely care about them as people and not as numbers. In addition to being a professor Kristina would like to continue and advance her work in admissions. Her constant thirst for knowledge has assisted her in knowing what it takes to have prospective students on campus and how to wow them with enthusiasm for knowledge and motivation for their success.
Michelle Prudhomme-Coleman - J Wilkes Berry Scholarship Winner - Spring 2015
Michelle is majoring in Business and anticipates graduation in Fall 2015. She says that by awarding her the J. Wilkes Berry Scholarship, she is able to focus on what is important to her - education. She also says that ASSET’s financial support inspires her to continue to thrive and help others by giving back to the community, just as ASSET had supported her.
Marie Butler - J Wilkes Berry Scholarship Winner - Spring 2015
With her degrees focused on Women’s Studies and Sociology, Marie hopes to gain the knowledge and confidence required to help young people find and use their voices. Furthermore, she wants to help them continue a forward movement towards a more egalitarian society by developing a curriculum that will spawn a spirit of inquiry. More than to inform and educate, her goal is to awaken their minds and souls to the possibilities of creating positivity and accomplishing greatness in a world currently with an unperceived future.
The ASSET Scholarship
ASSET scholarship is awarded every spring for the fall semester to a permanent full-time or permanent part-time TWU staff member enrolled in undregraduate or graduate courses at TWU during the fall semester. Applicants do not have to be members of ASSET to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Must submit a complete application packet, which includes:
- Have been employed at least three consecutive months by the start of the fall term;
- Be a student in good standing if he/she has previously enrolled at TWU. New students must meet normal admission standards and should submit an application with this request, if one has not already been submitted.
J. Wilkes Berry, Ph.D. Memorial Endowment Fund Scholarship
The J. Wilkes Berry scholarship is awarded in the fall for the spring semester to a permanent full-time or permanent part-time TWU staff member enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses. However, first priority will be given to those seeking a baccalaureate degree. Applicants do not have to be members of ASSET to be eligible for the scholarship.
Must submit a complete application packet, which includes:
An essay of approximately 250-300 words concerning his/her academic interests, professional goals, and work experience to demonstrate his/her ability and commitment to his/her chosen field of study. Essay should be clear, use succinct sentences and appropriate grammar and style.
Three (3) scholarship recommendation forms
Must have been employed at least three consecutive months by the start of the spring term;
Be a student in good standing if he/she has previously enrolled at TWU. New students must meet normal admission standards and should submit an application with this request, if one has not already been submitted.
Personal Development Award (PDA)
The Personal Development Award is awarded in the fall and can be used anytime during the academic year. Only ASSET members are eligible for this award.
- Must be a current member;
- Must have been a member of ASSET for one year and participated in three activities (bake sale, craft show, Adopt A Spot, hosted a meeting, attended a meeting, etc.) the previous year;
- Must submit application for a drawing;
- Must bring the information about the event to the board in advance of attendance;
- Must attend the event within one year of being awarded the money;
- Must give a presentation or give handouts at general meeting after attending the event.
page updated 10/19/2016 8:48 AM