ASSET Scholarship Winner - Fall 2012
Christina is pursuing a degree in General Studies with a concentration on Business Administration to learn more about advanced systems, technologies, and processes that will enable her to be even more effective as a TWU staff member throughout her career. Facilities management and construction is her chosen field of interest and she plans to become more knowledgeable of the industry’s processes, evolution, and needs with an emphasis on “green” technology and advances.
J. Wilkes Berry Scholarship Recipients - Spring 2012
Angelica works full time as the Mobile Go Center and is the Outreach Coordinator in the Office of Intercultural Services. She is a part time Master’s student in the Reading Department. She is the first in her family to attend and graduate from a college/university. Her long time career goal is to become a Reading Specialist to assist all age students who struggle in reading. She says the reason for her career choice is because studies show that fewer Americans are reading today and she thinks it is crucial for people to consider the importance of reading.
Sarah is just over half way through the Master of Library Science program and loving it. Her focus area is Public Librarianship and she currently volunteers at the North Branch of the Denton Public Library. After graduation she hopes to work in a public library as she believes in the programs they offer, most of which are free and only require a library card, which is also free to Denton County residents. These programs enrich the community, offer access to books, media and other information.
The ASSET Scholarship
ASSET scholarship is awarded every spring for the fall semester to a permanent full-time or permanent part-time TWU staff member enrolled in undregraduate or graduate courses at TWU during the fall semester. Applicants do not have to be members of ASSET to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Must submit a complete application packet, which includes:
- Have been employed at least three consecutive months by the start of the fall term;
- Be a student in good standing if he/she has previously enrolled at TWU. New students must meet normal admission standards and should submit an application with this request, if one has not already been submitted.
J. Wilkes Berry, Ph.D. Memorial Endowment Fund Scholarship
The J. Wilkes Berry scholarship is awarded in the fall for the spring semester to a permanent full-time or permanent part-time TWU staff member enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses. However, first priority will be given to those seeking a baccalaureate degree. Applicants do not have to be members of ASSET to be eligible for the scholarship.
Must submit a complete application packet, which includes:
An essay of approximately 250-300 words concerning his/her academic interests, professional goals, and work experience to demonstrate his/her ability and commitment to his/her chosen field of study. Essay should be clear, use succinct sentences and appropriate grammar and style.
Three (3) scholarship recommendation forms
Must have been employed at least three consecutive months by the start of the spring term;
Be a student in good standing if he/she has previously enrolled at TWU. New students must meet normal admission standards and should submit an application with this request, if one has not already been submitted.
Personal Development Award (PDA)
The Personal Development Award is awarded in the fall and can be used anytime during the academic year. Only ASSET members are eligible for this award.
- Must be a current member;
- Must have been a member of ASSET for one year and participated in three activities (bake sale, craft show, Adopt A Spot, hosted a meeting, attended a meeting, etc.) the previous year;
- Must submit application for a drawing;
- Must bring the information about the event to the board in advance of attendance;
- Must attend the event within one year of being awarded the money;
- Must give a presentation or give handouts at general meeting after attending the event.
page updated 5/16/2013 2:48 PM