The date for Edible Car Contest 2016 has been announced: mark your calendars for Friday, February 12, 2016!
The Edible Car Contest is an exciting event that challenges DFW area students in grades 6-12 to combine their creative ideas with principles of mathematics and physics. Students in teams of 4 (minimum of 2 female participants per team) build small cars entirely out of edible materials to be judged in categories such as ingenuity, mobility, and design. The teams will then compete against each other for the fastest race times by rolling the cars down an inclined race track. Cash prizes totaling $600 will be awarded.
2016 Edible Car Contest Flyer available here (.pdf)!
- Application forms for 2016 will be available here by December 1, 2015!
- All applications and fees must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 5, 2016.
- All applications and payments must be received complete by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 5, 2016. To be considered complete, applications must contain a release form for each team member and the team entry fee of $32. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Checks payable to Texas Woman's University. Please Note: A $30 fee will be charged for ALL RETURNED CHECKS Including electronic/web checks TWU processes all eligible returned checks through the Denton County District Attorney’s Hot Check Division. There will be an additional charge assessed by the Denton DA.
- Submit forms and checks or P.O.s to:
TWU Edible Car Contest
PO Box 425437
Denton, TX 76204
- You may also submit forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (940) 898-3366. If sending multiple applications, please combine into one file.
- Cash payment may be made in person to Anna Ryan in CFO 1213 on the TWU Campus. Please call or email Anna at email@example.com to arrange a time for cash payment drop-off.
- Online Payment will be available December 2015.
- Application forms and payments of $32 per team must be received with confirmation prior to the event. Payment will not be accepted on the day of the event.
Rules, Deadlines & Judging Criteria
- The 2016 Edible Car Contest will take place between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Friday, February 12th.
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 10:00 a.m. All teams MUST be checked in by the 10:00 am deadline. We strongly recommend arriving early.
- After check-in, students will have time to assemble or make adjustments to their cars at their team table before lining up for judging.
- Judging takes place between 10:00 a.m. and around 12:00 p.m. Then, there will be a short break (30-45 minutes), during which we will provide some refreshments for the students. Afterwards, the winners will be announced and will accept their prizes.
- Please note: although some refreshments will be provided, we recommend that students bring a sack lunch. Most on-campus restaurants will close by 1:30 p.m. on Friday.
Anna Ryan, Project Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 940.898.3325
Awards & Past Winners
page last updated 11/23/2015 1:30 PM