Edible Car Rules 2015
- Each team must consist of 4 students; at least 2 team members must be female. University teams must have at least 2 Texas Woman’s University (TWU) students.
- Cars must be built using only materials edible by humans (materials that cause no harm to humans). Teams may bring "cars" already assembled or assemble minor parts upon arrival.
- Submitted edible cars must "look like" a car and must not exceed the following dimensions:
- • 4 inches wide (including wheels and hub caps)
- • 4 inches tall (including windshield, car roof, people, etc)
- • 12 inches long (including front and rear bumpers and any other extensions)
- Cars must operate on 3 - 4 rotating "wheels" and roll successfully down a ramp that is 8 to 10 feet in length, inclined at approximately 20 degrees and is approximately 7.5 inches wide (must be able to survive 3 runs down the ramp, if necessary).
- To be eligible for a prize, an entry must roll down the ramp on “wheels.”
- Each team is required to submit an itemized list of all materials used in the car, along with their estimated costs (total estimate less than $15; receipts not necessary); present to Round 1 Judges.
- Each team is required to submit a statement of the theme or purpose for the car design; present to Round 1 judges.
- Each student may be on only one team.
- Each team may submit only one car.
- All team members are encouraged to attend the event but at least THREE team members are required to be present during the event and to claim any prize winnings.
- Registration forms and application fees are due by 5:00 pm, February 13, 2015.
- It is the team’s responsibility to confirm receipt of application and fee.
- To change team members on a registration form for any purpose, a team must contact the Edible Car Contest Project Coordinator and submit a modified application by 12:00pm on Tuesday, February 17, 2015. No substitutions or changes will be allowed after the February 17th deadline.
Application Deadline & Payment Information
- All applications and payments must be received complete by 5:00 pm, Friday, February 13, 2015. To be considered complete, applications must contain a release form for each team member and the team entry fee of $24. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Please submit check, cashier’s check, money order, or cash as payment to the following address (checks payable to Texas Woman's University):
TWU Edible Car Contest
PO Box 425437
Denton, TX 76204
- Please contact Project Coordinator Anna Ryan at ARyan1@twu.edu or 940-898-3325 with any questions.
- Online Payment will be available January 2015.
Entry Submission Deadline
- All "car" entries must be submitted by team members for judging between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on Friday, February 20, 2015, in the Southeast Banquet Room of Hubbard Hall. Check-in will be in the main East Entrance of Hubbard Hall.
- If your school requires a W-9, please fax to 940-898-3519.
page last updated 11/21/2014 11:08 AM