Transfer Applicants who meet the criteria below will be automatically admitted to TWU. Transfer students will be granted assured admission if they:
- Have earned an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree from a regionally-accredited college in the State of Texas; and
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale on all transferable college level coursework attempted,* (All grades, including F's, will be considered for calculation of GPA to determine admission to TWU); and
- Are in good standing at the previous institution(s).
- Students who have earned an Associate of Applied Science degree or the equivalent are not automatically admissible, but may be admitted according to regular transfer admission criteria.
- Several departments have higher grade point average requirements for enrollment in advanced or upper-division course work.
- Developmental coursework is not transferable.
Transfer Students will be granted regular admissions if they meet all the following requirements:
- Have attended a recognized-accredited academic instituition,
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale on all transferable college-level coursework attempted, (All grades, including F's, will be considered for calculation of GPA to determine admission to TWU.), and
- Are in good standing at their previous institution.
Transient, Non-Degree or Visiting Student
Transient and Non-Degree Seeking Students are those not planning to pursue a degree at Texas Woman's University, but may transfer courses from TWU to another institution. Students must be in good standing with their last institution attended and meet the required 2.0 GPA for transfer admission. A completed transfer application, application fee, and official transcript from their most recent institution attended (must show last 12 hours completed) will be required for admission.
Students Seeking Second Bachelor's Degree or Post-Baccalaureate Credit
Applicants who are seeking their second undergraduate degree, or are seeking to take undergraduate courses after already receiving a degree must submit a completed application for transfer admission, application fee, and official transcripts from all institutions attended (including verification of the bachelor's degree awarded). Admission to the university does not imply admission to a specific college, program, or major.
Students who have attended TWU in the past as an undergraduate student may be eligible for undergraduate readmission. Readmission applicants are expected to meet the regular criteria for transfer admission.
The following would be required to submit a transfer ApplyTexas application, any additional or updated official transcripts, if applicable, and pay the application fee: freshmen that take 12 or more college-level credit hours at another institution prior to attending TWU; and former or admitted students who have not enrolled within one year.
Applications for readmission should be completed and submitted via ApplyTexas.org at least two weeks prior to registration to ensure adequate processing and notification. Individual TWU schools, colleges, or programs may have additional readmission requirements. Students should contact the specific academic departments for readmission information.
page updated 10/20/2015 9:28 PM