skip to content

Graduate Non-Degree

Students who do not plan to work toward a graduate degree but who wish to enroll in occasional courses may register as non-degree students. A few programs will require the approval from the department.

Programs that Require Non-Degree Approval

If you wish to apply as a non-degree student, please submit the following to the Office of Admissions Processing:

  • Completed graduate application from ApplyTexas
    • Choose your department and on question 17 of the application you can choose ‘non-degree’.
  • $50 application fee  
  • An official transcript showing the bachelor’s degree or highest degree held.
  • International applicants must submit satisfactory English proficiency scores.

A maximum of 12 graduate credit hours earned by a non-degree student may apply toward a graduate degree only if the Dean of the Graduate School, upon recommendation of the student’s advisory committee, determines it is appropriate to the degree program.

Non-degree seeking students are ineligible for financial aid.

Undergraduate Non-Degree

Applicants who are not seeking a bachelor’s degree but who wish to take credit courses must submit the following to the Office of Admission Processing:

  • Completed transfer application from ApplyTexas
  • $50 application fee
  • An official transcript from the last institution attended (must show last 12 hours completed)

Students must be in good standing with their last institution attended and meet the required 2.0 GPA for transfer admission. Please note that non-degree admission is different from post-baccalaureate admission.

page last updated 7/3/2015 12:19 PM