TWU Gateway Program
The TWU Gateway Program allows invited applicants assured provisional admission for the fall semester by completing select program requirements. The Gateway Program waives accepted applicants from having to re-apply and pay a new application fee.
- You must be a graduating high school senior.
- You must have received an invitation to participate in the Gateway Program.
- Complete six hours of transferable coursework (options are listed below) during the Summer I term at a Texas Community College.
- Previous dual credit courses cannot be used to meet the six hour requirement.
- Provide the official college transcript to TWU once the summer courses are completed by August 15th.
- In order to meet the six hour requirement, you must obtain a minimum 2.5 GPA for the courses taken. Both courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher and with no more than one grade of "C".
- Submit the Gateway Program Contract by June 15th.
TWU Gateway Program - Core Curriculum Course Options
Choose one course (or the community college equivalent) from each of the two sections below to meet the required six transferable hours of Core Curriculum: One course in English and one course in Math:
Communication Core: (choose one)
ENGL 1013 - Composition I ENGL 1023 - Composition II
Mathematics Core: (choose one)
MATH 1013 - Financial & Quantitative Literacy MATH 1023 - Intro to Mathematics
MATH 1303 - Elementary Analysis I MATH 1313 - Elementary Analysis II
MATH 1703 - Elementary Statistics MATH 2014 - Calculus I
Completion of Summer Classes
The timeline for the Gateway Program is very compressed and leaves little time for students to submit transcripts, attend orientation, and register for classes. It is recommended that you make an early request to have your transcript sent to the Office of Admissions Processing as soon as you complete your summer coursework.
Note: It is your responsibility to submit the Gateway Contract and college transcripts to the Office of Admissions Processing.
If you meet the eligibility requirements you will receive an email notifying you of your admissions to Texas Woman's University for the fall term.
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, we encourage you to continue taking courses at a community college. Please re-apply for a future semester by submitting an Apply Texas transfer application once you have accumulated twelve college level credit hours.
If you have questions about program requirements or if a course will transfer please contact the Office of Admissions, 940-898-3188.
page last updated 6/17/2014 10:08 AM