All Courses in the High School Advantage program are offered in partnership with regional ISD's and enable students to simultaneously earn dual credit toward high school graduation requirements and a TWU degree.
- As a public 4-year university TWU offers dual credit courses that meet Texas Common Core requirements and are transferable to any public 2 or 4 college university in Texas.
- Courses may be offered on the TWU campus, on-line, or on a partner high school campus
The High School Advantage program provides an opportunity for high school students to get a head start on their college education. Students can attend classes that will apply toward both high school and college graduations. More on benefits...
Quality Programs ...
- Increase the likelihood that a student will stay in high school and enroll and succeed in college
- Allow students to make a smoother, easier transition to college
- Decrease the cost of tuition for students and their families by accelerating time to degree
Student Eligibility Requirements
Prior to enrolling in concurrent courses, students must:
- Satisfy Texas Success Initiatives (TSI) requirements
The TSI assessment is a test in reading, writing and mathematics- required of all students taking college-level courses at a public college in Texas
- Students must have permission from their high school to enroll
How to Apply
Students must complete and submit the following:
- The Apply Texas Application, available at http://www.applytexas.org/
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- TWU High School Advantage Permission Form
- Official high school transcript (most recent)
- Three-hour credit course is $150.00
Includes tuition and fees
- Payment is due at time of registration
For Complete Information
Visit the Dual Credit website.
page last updated 7/15/2014 9:19 PM