- Degrees are conferred three times each year, at the close of the fall and spring semesters and at the close of summer sessions. Commencement ceremonies are held in May and December in Denton, and in December in Houston.
- Degree Plan Deadline. At least one year before the intended semester of graduation any student planning to graduate should submit a degree plan to the dean of the studentís academic component. The dean will file that studentís degree plan with the Registrarís Office as soon as possible after that submission.
- Degree plans must be submitted one year before graduation to assure that the degree audit can be completed with time remaining to complete any requirements.†At least one year before the intended semester of graduation any student planning to graduate should submit a degree plan to the dean of the studentís academic component. The deans will file that studentís degree plan with the Registrarís Office as soon as possible after that submission.
- Degree audits should be carefully reviewed before the final semester by student and advisor for accuracy and for any problems or omitted courses that must be completed before graduation. Please meet with your adviser one year before the intended semester of graduation to review your degree plan audit.
- Pre-Graduation Check: Completed by Adviser after 12th class day fall and spring†and 4th class day summer.† An email will be sent by Undergraduate Studies asking advisers to please review the DARS degree plan/audit of the students in your major/s for the following pre-graduation checks:††††††††††
1.†††††† Has the student sent a DARS degree plan verification to the Registrar?† They will not be able to get graduation tickets without it.
2.†††††† Does the DARS audit have any red ďXĒís indicating areas/ criteria for graduation that are not complete?
3.†††††† Have all remaining course substitutions †been submitted to the Registrar so the student can complete the degree?
4.†††††† Is it possible for the student to complete the degree THIS SEMESTER?
- Use new degree plan substitution form for course substitutions (not core).
Application Deadlines for Graduation. By the 12th class day (long terms or 4th class day in summer) of the semester of graduation, the student must apply online through the Pioneer Portal by the published deadline. (See University Calendar and Registrarís website for deadlines.) All applicants must be in good academic standing on the application deadline date.
With an advisorís letter, students may walk but not receive their diplomas if they have not completed all requirements (see General Catalog, p. 95).† Student files are re-audited after grades are submitted after the final semester before the diploma is granted.
page last updated 6/18/2013 10:44 AM