Course Fee Management
To assist students in planning, it is common practice to change fees only once per year. Therefore, we will apply this practice to course fees. Requests to change course fees will be processed only once per year. Requests for changes are to be submitted with the Course Fee Adjustment Form to the Provost following the guidelines below.
Processing Course-Related Fees
- The Provost reviews and determines action on all course-related fee requests which have been approved by the appropriate chair, director, or associate dean, and dean. Fees include course/lab fees, malpractice liability insurance fees, study abroad fees, and distance education fees.
- Course-related fee requests (new or changed), other than distance fees, will be submitted to the Office of the Provost. Distance education fees will be submitted to the Distance Education office for review prior to approval by the Provost.
- Deadlines for fee requests will be:
- For most fees, October 1 for implementation the following fall.
- For unanticipated study abroad or distance education fees, February 15 deadline for implementation in summer or fall or September 15 for implementation in spring.
- Proposals to reduce fees may be submitted at any time and will take effect with publication of the next schedule.
- Upon approval, course-related fees will be entered into the data system as follows:
- Course/lab fees – Provost's Office
- Malpractice Liability Insurance – Office of Undergraduate Studies
- Study Abroad – Office of Distance Education
- Distance Education – Office of Distance Education
- Entry of fees into the data system must be completed prior to the publication of the schedule of classes (online) – two weeks prior to the beginning of registration on Nov. 1 and April 1. Fees must not be changed for a given semester after registration for that semester begins.
We must assure that these fees are used only in ways allowed by statute. For a list of ways course fees can be used, please refer to the Course Fee policy (University Policies and Procedures 4.04).
Malpractice Liability Insurance (MLI) Fees
page last updated 3/8/2013 8:36 AM