|Saturday, June 4, 2016 (SESSION FULL)||TSIA/Accuplacer||MCL 311||8:30 am||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Thursday, June 9, 2016 - June 10th Transfer Orientation students ONLY||TSIA||MCL MegaLab||8:30 am||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Monday, June 13, 2016 - June 14th Orientation students ONLY||TSIA||MCL MegaLab||8:00 am||8:30 am||5:00 pm|
|Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - June 22nd Orientation students ONLY||TSIA||MCL MegaLab||8:00 am||8:30 am||5:00 pm|
|Friday, June 24, 2016 - June 25th Transfer Orientation students ONLY||TSIA||MCL 311||8:30 am||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Monday, June 27, 2016 - June 28th Orientation students ONLY||TSIA||MCL MegaLab||8:00 am||8:30 am||5:00 pm|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - June 30th Orientation students ONLY||TSIA||CFO 105||8:00 am||8:30 am||5:00 pm|
|Saturday, July 9, 2016||TSIA/Accuplacer||MCL 311||8:30 am||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Saturday, July 23, 2016||TSIA/Accuplacer||MCL 311||8:30 am||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Saturday, August 6, 2016||TSIA/Accuplacer||MCL 311||8:30 am||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Saturday, August 20, 2016||TSIA/Accuplacer||MCL 311||8:30 am||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
*Students may leave as soon as testing is completed.
Payment Information and What to Bring
- You must register and pay online. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. You will receive an email confirmation of payment. NO REFUNDS AVAILABLE - do not register in advance for test dates that you do not intend to be present for.
- The cost of the test is $10 per subject; total for all three subjects is $30.
- Registration will close at noon the day prior to the test date or once the test session has reached capacity.
- Bring 1 form of photo ID (student ID is preferable), your payment receipt, and a few pencils. No calculators allowed; a calculator will be provided when available. Individuals more than 30 minutes late will not be permitted in the testing room.
- Campus map
- For more information please call (940) 898-2961.
Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA)
- In accordance with the Texas Education Code for the Texas Success Initiative (TSI), new students, unless exempt, must be tested to assess readiness for freshman level work in reading, writing, and mathematics prior to enrolling in college-level coursework. Effective fall 2013 non-exempt students will be required to complete the new TSI Assessment. Transfer students must submit test scores or demonstrate TSI compliance through coursework. TSI status does not affect your admission to Texas Woman's University.
- TSIA test sessions are open to TWU students and the community unless otherwise noted in the schedule above.
- The TSIA is a lengthy exam. Please be prepared to allot approximately 1.5-3 hours per test section. Students attempting all three test sections will be excused for lunch. Please consider packing a lunch or taking advantage of our on campus dining options.
- Students testing on campus may request to have their scores sent to other institutions by completing the TSI Assessment Score Release Form and emailing it to email@example.com.
- In state students outside of the DFW area and out-of-state students can test at their convenience at a closer school by requesting a TSI Testing Voucher at the time of registration. For potential testing centers in the state of Texas, visit the National College Testing Association.
- Students may give TWU permission to retrieve official TSI scores from other in-state colleges and universities by completing the TSI Assessment Score Release Form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scores can only be retrieved if the form is completed in its entirety.
- TSI Exemptions and College Ready Scores
- Pre-Assessment Information and Resources
- REGISTRATION and PAYMENT
- TSI Requirements for Dual Credit Students
TWU offers Accuplacer testing for the purpose of admission to the teacher education program. Accuplacer is no longer available to students needing to re-test for college readiness purposes (effective May 25, 2015 TAC 4.56).
Accuplacer test sessions are open to TWU students and the community unless otherwise noted in the schedule above.
Accuplacer Writing: If you pass one portion of the writing test (Sentence Skills or Essay) you would only need to retest on the portion that you did not pass. Please let us know when you arrive for testing which portion of the writing test you need.
- Students may test at their convenience at another testing center that offers Accuplacer by VOUCHER. For potential testing centers in the state of Texas, visit the National College Testing Association. Please note: Most testing centers will assess a proctor fee in addition to TWU's test fee ($5 per subject area). Please contact the test center you have selected for more information regarding proctor fees.
page last updated 5/26/2016 11:13 AM