In 2011, the Offices of Teaching and Learning with Technology and Commuter Services decided to do a survey to find out what students at TWU thought about technology – what they own, how they use it and how that compares across different demographics. The background information and key findings from the results are below.
- We customized a model created by the Educause Center for Applied Research. This is the research division of Educause, one of the leading, international organizations for educational technologists.
- We delivered the survey in Psychdata. It had 166 questions and we estimated that students would need 15 minutes to take it.
- The survey was sent via email to 10,270 students - undergraduate and graduate students taking only face-to-face courses or only online courses – not students that were taking both.
- The survey was open from February 27, 2012 to March 19, 2012.
- 1,599 students responded – about a 16% response rate.
All YouTube videos will open in a new window.
page last updated 4/15/2014 8:32 PM