Purpose of the Program
The purpose of the PILOT program is to provide Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) with resources and instruction for teaching in the online environment at the college level.
GTAs, supported by their home department, enroll in a four-week online summer course designed to give each participant a solid foundation in how to be/become a teacher, and core pedagogy and strategies for teaching at the college level.
The course will explore:
- The role of the GTA
- Teaching and Becoming a Teacher
- Pedagogical Concepts
- Online Course Design and Management
Graduate teaching assistants (instructors of record) who are assigned to teach courses either online or hybrid during the 2014 - 2015 academic year.
Department chairs or program coordinators distribute the program application to interested GTAs. Completed applications are sent to the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology, P.O. Box 425649, Denton, Texas 76204-5649. The TLT office is located in Stoddard Hall, room 313.
The application for the PILOT program is currently closed.
- 4 week online program with required deliverables
- The course facilitator will verify completion of required deliverables in the online course.
- After verification of completion of online course and required deliverables, ($750) payment is submitted for processing.
page last updated 2/25/2014 2:06 PM