All Dallas faculty, adjuncts, staff and GAs are invited to attend the following workshops. Some of the workshops will be conducted online through Blackboard Collaborate and others will be offered face-to-face in room 6700. Registration is not required.
- Teaching with Collaborate and Tegrity | October 27 | 12 - 1 p.m. | Room 6700
- Connecting Students with Content: Build a New Course | November 18 | 2 - 3 p.m.
- Getting Ready for Next Semester | December 2 | 12 - 1 p.m. | Room 6700
All Houston faculty, adjuncts, staff and GAs are invited to attend the following workshops. These workshops are offered jointly by the Office of Technology and the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology.
Registration is not required. All workshops will be conducted online through Blackboard Collaborate unless otherwise noted.
- Blackboard: Open Lab | October 15 | 12 - 1 p.m. | Room 4322
- Blackboard Collaborate - Advanced | October 20 | 12 - 1 p.m.
- Poster Design Basics | October 23 | 12 - 1 p.m.
- Blackboard: The Grade Center Statistics & Reports | October 26 | 1 - 2 p.m.
- Respondus, LockDown Browser & Monitor | November 4 | 1 - 2 p.m.
- Blackboard: Getting Ready for Next Semester | November 16 | 12 - 1 p.m.
These presentations will be conducted online through Blackboard Collaborate. Registration is not required.
Engaging Students with Experience-Based Learning In and Out of the Classroom
November 5 | 10 – 11 a.m.
Presented by Dr. Sarah Wainscott, Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders
An overview of an undergraduate course in Communication Sciences is presented utilizing an experience-based learning model to develop course competencies while integrating student skills in collaboration, application, and problem-solving. Effective approaches include seminar presentations from professionals and community members, using team-based case studies, and out of class community service opportunities.
Sessions (excluding Open Labs) will be delivered using Bb Collaborate. You will be able to listen and view these sessions from any location with connectivity. All Bb Collaborate sessions will be archived, allowing you to view them at a later date. Registration is not required.
- Open Lab: Blackboard Course Shells | October 16 | 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. | ACT 603
- Open Lab: Blackboard Assignments | October 19 | 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. | ACT 503
- Turnitin: Integrated Tools to Assist with Student Submissions and Tasks | October 22 | 1 - 1:30 p.m.
- Be the Leader of the (Campus) Pack: Using Wikis, Blogs, Journals and Podcasts | November 9 | 10 - 10:30 a.m.
- Open Lab: Course Content | November 10 | 1 - 3 p.m. | ACT 603
- Open Lab: End-of-Semester Procedures | November 17 | 12 - 2 p.m. | ACT 603
- Seamless Semester-to-Semester Date Shifting with Blackboard's Date Management Tool | November 23 | 2 - 2:30 p.m.
- Hybrid Instruction Project
- Online Faculty Development Program (OFDP)
- Pioneer Teaching & Learning Academy (PTLA)
- Practices for Instruction & Learning for Online Teaching (PILOT)
- Quality Matters & Recognized QM Courses
page last updated 10/13/2015 1:25 PM