2014 OFDP Participants
- Leatrice Bailey, School of Library and Information Studies
- Aaron Elkins, School of Library and Information Studies
- Christopher Harris, School of Management
- Matthew Henley, Dance
- Parker Hevron, History & Government
- Gray Scott, English, Speech, & Foreign Languages
- Lizabeth Spoonts, Dental Hygiene
Offered in July, this program is a venue to teach faculty members course design and online pedagogy techniques to help them successfully build and teach quality online courses. The four week online course allows instructors to build the major elements of a course and to explore five key components of online pedagogy:
- Instructor presence
- Types of teaching knowledge
- Active learning strategies
During the four week online course, participants work with instructional designers to develop many of the required elements for their online course.
The program is aimed at faculty new to TWU or new to distance education, as well as adjuncts recommended by department chairs.
Department chairs or program heads will select participants who meet the eligibility requirements and notify those new faculty and selected adjuncts about the program. Completed applications should be sent to the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology, P.O. Box 425649, Denton, Texas 76204-5649. The TLT office is located in Stoddard Hall, room 313.
The application process is closed for this program.
- July 7 - August 1: Participants complete the 4 week online program with required deliverables.
- Instructional Designer verifies all required deliverables in the online course.
- Initial payment for participating in the 4 week online course and completing all requirements ($750.00) begins processing.
- Participants work with Instructional Designer to prepare course for informal Quality Matters review.
- Course successfully meets the Quality Matters review standards.
- Second payment for meeting Quality Matters review standards ($750.00) begins processing.
- Course must successfully meet Quality Matters review standards by the end of May 2015.
Questions About the Program
page last updated 11/14/2014 12:53 PM