*Note: Some courses may have additional and/or alternate computer requirements. Please check with the academic department.
- Access to the Internet via an Internet Service Provider of your choice
- Compatible Web Browser [PC: Internet Explorer 8 or 9, Firefox [ESR], or Chrome; MAC: Safari 5.0+, Firefox 3.5+, or Chrome]. For more information, please consult the Blackboard’s Browser Support website.
- Ability to log into your Pioneer Portal account for all student email correspondence [Note: You may also set your Portal email account to forward to an email account of choice such as Hotmail, Yahoo mail, etc.]
Since Blackboard is web-based, there is no need to download any special software on your computer to access the system. However, you will need the following:
- A word processing package such as Microsoft Word [preferred]
- Adobe Acrobat Reader software [free download]
- Microsoft PowerPoint or PowerPoint Reader [free download]
- A current anti-virus software [A free version of Symantec Antivirus is available at http://www.twu.edu/service-desk/technology-discounts.asp.]
page last updated 9/29/2014 2:51 PM